When I present sessions to writers about promoting their books, I necessarily include a section on social media. Rarely is anyone aware of the 80/20 rule. You’ve never heard of this either? It refers to the formula that 80 percent of your social media posts should be informative, educational, or entertaining. That leaves 20 percent of your posts for marketing your books.
This means you’re using your social media to be – well – SOCIAL!
(And that's the fun part. I like to post other author’s successes or good news, new book releases, cute writing tidbits, or things that make me laugh.)
While our ultimate goal is to connect with people who may eventually be interested in buying our books, you don’t do that by ONLY selling to them.
How many of us have “... Continue Reading